42PD3000 prog scan prob

robbster

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I've just noticed that on my hitachi screen that if I have prog scan enabled from my tosh 510e player slight ghosting is visable to the right of images (you can mainly see it on text). I was just wondering if anyone has seen this, Maybe my cables are at fault but i dont think its the DVD player as ive tryed my cousins pioneer player and that seems to be the same.

Regards

Rob

Robbster,

I ran PS from my Arcam to the 42PD3000 when I owned one. TBH never had any of the ghosting issues you mention.

What cables are you using?. In my experience interconnects do make a big difference.

Tony

You having slight probs with Prog. scan is not unusual, most folks seem to reckon that whilst the ALIS panels can accept a prog. scan signal it does nothing for them, but adds another stage of electronic conversion in the screen. I haven't ever seen ghosting only with prog. scan, usually it's just rather indefinably less clear than the interlaced signal. It might easily be a cable. Is it with all discs? Does it just 'go away' when you select 'interlaced'?

Hi

Yes it happens on all discs that i have tried and have also tried 2 differnet machines. It also is only through prog scan mode, interlaced is fine. The component cable that im using is a £15 one that i got free with the TV when i bought it from the shop. I have tried using normal cables (general stereo ones) and the pic quality is even more ghosted through them! I will have to try getting hold of some nice component cable and giving them a bash.

cheers

Rob

Well i've just been down to my local richer sounds and bought some £60 component leads. The ghosting is still there but doesnt seem quite so bad. Through interlaced though the picture quality is deffinately much sharper using these leads. I'm glad you said that connection leads often make a difference TBRAR cos they deffinately do for my setup :)

Cheers

Rob

Rob,

Thats the thing with this hobby ??! :eek:

More often than not you do get what you pay for........

Happy viewing !

Tony

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom