Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

42PD3000 now displays 1080i & 720p

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by junpit, Aug 5, 2004.

1. junpit

junpit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have managed to get my plasma to display a 1080i and 720p signal. I have done this by buying an excellent product which cost me £40. Its called a VD-Z3 VGA transcoder and the detail is excellent.

I have plugged the progressive leads into my VD-Z3 and plugged a VGA cable from the VD-Z3 to my Av3000E box. I have then used the PC input.

I knew 720p would work OK. I was however surprised to seen a 1080i image displayed as I thought the resolution of 1900 x 1080 would be too great for my plasma but it handled it beautifully. I did this from my xbox using the game called syberia. This games supports 1080i and to make sure I turned 720p off. I know that the native resolution of my plasma is 1024 x 1024 and that some downscaling was necessary but hey this gives my plasma an extra lifeline when SKY introduce HDTV next year.

The VD-Z3 can be purchased from www.vdigi.com. The only downside is that it does not take a non-progressive signal. I have personally got round this by buying a shinybow 4 to 2 switcher. The advantage here is that the same progressive signal gets output on VGA and progressive scan at the same time meaning I can selct PC or AV4 on my plasma dependent on whether the output is 480i, 480p or 720p,1080i.

-Junpit