1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

42PD3000 now displays 1080i & 720p

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by junpit, Aug 5, 2004.

1. junpit

junpit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have managed to get my plasma to display a 1080i and 720p signal. I have done this by buying an excellent product which cost me £40. Its called a VD-Z3 VGA transcoder and the detail is excellent.

I have plugged the progressive leads into my VD-Z3 and plugged a VGA cable from the VD-Z3 to my Av3000E box. I have then used the PC input.

I knew 720p would work OK. I was however surprised to seen a 1080i image displayed as I thought the resolution of 1900 x 1080 would be too great for my plasma but it handled it beautifully. I did this from my xbox using the game called syberia. This games supports 1080i and to make sure I turned 720p off. I know that the native resolution of my plasma is 1024 x 1024 and that some downscaling was necessary but hey this gives my plasma an extra lifeline when SKY introduce HDTV next year.

The VD-Z3 can be purchased from www.vdigi.com. The only downside is that it does not take a non-progressive signal. I have personally got round this by buying a shinybow 4 to 2 switcher. The advantage here is that the same progressive signal gets output on VGA and progressive scan at the same time meaning I can selct PC or AV4 on my plasma dependent on whether the output is 480i, 480p or 720p,1080i.

-Junpit