1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

42PA50 viewing problems

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by kenji-san, Aug 17, 2005.

1. kenji-san

kenji-san

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Since 1st day i got my 42pa50(42pe50 in uk), i noticed the following 2 problems:

- this funny phenomena where, if i move my eyes fast across the screen, it's as if all the white in the picture gives some sort of yellow shadow. but when i focus again,it's fine. in medium & dark lighted scenes, it's not so much of an issue, but when there are some areas of the picture that's bright/white-ish, there's this strange effect that turns the bright into yellow when your not fixated on the bright part,i.e. scanning the picture.

-Also, when the picture is moving horizontally, unless it's moving really slowly, it judders very much, and details fall drastically.
    It's very apparent in games, Shenmue on Dreamcast, Metroid Prime on Gamecube, generally 1st person games where if you pan the screen fast to either side you quickly get a headache. Generally, when picture moves fast horizontally, it judders.
    When watching movies, i compare the picture on the plasma to the monitor, and i see the picture panning finely whereas on the plasma it's judder central.

I take it the 2. problem is something of a plasma problem in general, with there being some sort of delay on fast moving pictures. I was just amazed that it would be so noticable, and that the picture had to move reeally slowly in order for the judder not to appear. But the 1. problem i haven't heard of before.

Anyone else experienced this,or have info on these matters would be greatly appreciated.

Kenji-san

2. MrNPG

MrNPG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Re problem No.1, i "suffer" from this effect too. Only certain people notice it, depending on their eyesight. It is irritating but I am learning to live with it now.

I have also noticed the "juddering" too, doesn't worry me too much though.