42LG7000 aspect problem in original mode

bdacier

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I thought it would be better to run this by you before I'd contact customer service. I'm having the following problem; when watching analogue TV in original mode it switches automatically to 16/9 when (i guess) a WSS signal is detected, however when there's no 16/9 signal detected it still displays the picture in 16/9. So the 4/3 signal gets stretched to 16/9. The only way to watch 4/3 is to manually select it in the menu. That's not the way I like it.

I can see the TV detecting the 16/9 signal because at first it'll show it in 16/9 with letterbox (as if the incoming picture has 4/3 letterbox but then stretched to 16/9) and then vertically zooming in so that the bars dissappear and the image has te correct aspect ratio.

So what I would like is the following; every singal showing in 4/3 and only when a WSS signal is detected zooming in to 16/9. I mean exactly as the "original" setting is supposed to do.

I know the TV is capable of it because I've had another TV (which was returned because of being an in-store display model) with an earlier firmware (I believe 3.04) that worked exactly as I describe.

Does anyone know how to get the TV to do this? I mean on a 3.07 firmware? :lease:

Hey everyone,

I thought it would be better to run this by you before I'd contact customer service. I'm having the following problem; when watching analogue TV in original mode it switches automatically to 16/9 when (i guess) a WSS signal is detected, however when there's no 16/9 signal detected it still displays the picture in 16/9. So the 4/3 signal gets stretched to 16/9. The only way to watch 4/3 is to manually select it in the menu. That's not the way I like it.

I can see the TV detecting the 16/9 signal because at first it'll show it in 16/9 with letterbox (as if the incoming picture has 4/3 letterbox but then stretched to 16/9) and then vertically zooming in so that the bars dissappear and the image has te correct aspect ratio.

So what I would like is the following; every singal showing in 4/3 and only when a WSS signal is detected zooming in to 16/9. I mean exactly as the "original" setting is supposed to do.

I know the TV is capable of it because I've had another TV (which was returned because of being an in-store display model) with an earlier firmware (I believe 3.04) that worked exactly as I describe.

Does anyone know how to get the TV to do this? I mean on a 3.07 firmware? :lease:
analogue is being turned off why watch it ?

Because I'm watching analogue cable in The Netherlands ;). In The Netherlands analogue ether is allready turned off. But I must say that the DVB-T channels are all in a lesser quality than analogue cable.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom