• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

42LG6000 Incompatability ?

pict99

Standard Member
I bought a Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray player and after a few minutes it crashed.
It has been back to Samsung twice who say there is nothing wrong with it. It also has the latest firmware.
They sugested it was the 42LG6000 that was incompatabil and suggested I contact the store I bought it from. They sent out two engineers who replaced the main card in the TV and left. The Blu-Ray disks now play for approx 20 minutes before the screen goes black then re-appears. This goes on a couple of times then crashes.
The TV works in all other ways and I have tried all four of the HDMI inputs and various other HDMI cables.

Any help appreciated. :lease:

Member 300569

I don't know of any incompatibilities between LG6000 and other makes of Blu-Ray player but I'll get this checked out...

Chris

pict99

Standard Member
This seems to be resolved now.:)

After the LG engineers left, I had reset both the LG and the Samsung Blu Ray player back to default settings.

Since posting, I had another look at the menu on the Samsung Blu Ray player and noticed that the 24 fps box was unticked. Although I had it ticked before the reset.

Now that I have ticked it, I have played two "Planet Earth" Bru-Ray disks from beginning to end without a problem.

Now a happy man :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom