42LG3000 Fading to White When Turned On

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by sert, Sep 10, 2012.

1. sert

sert
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,

Hoping somebody can help with this issue Im having with my HDTV, a 42LG3000. When it is turned on it starts to fade from a black screen to a white one and does not respond to any button presses either on the television itself or on the remote. I'm willing to attempt a repair myself but am a bit of a novice with television repair. If I could get an idea of what part is failing that would cause this type of problem it would be a great start.

I've included an image, as you can see the white doesnt extend to the edge of the tv.

Thanks guys.

Attached Files:

2. Terry Turbo

Terry Turbo
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there, doesnt look like anyones actually replied to you, unfortunately iv had the same issue with my lg3000 last month where the screen would fade to white, eventually after putting up with it for a few weeks the tv started to switch itself into standby mode, after that i took it to a tv repair shop who said the screen had gone and was a write off im afraid, so i went out and bought a new 42" led LG with a 5 year warranty, my LG3000 was only 3 years old!