42LE5900 TruMotion Question

Capper20

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I just took delivery of my 42LE5900 yesterday, having an issue so have joined up.

For the most part I'm pretty happy with it. I watched an AVI via my USB hard disk last night and it looked completely weird. I believe this is the TruMotion setting that adds extra frames and as such makes everything look like it is filmed by hand held camera.

The same effect was on the tuner but I disabled this and that seems OK. I just can't seem to disable it for USB played videos. Is there a way to get rid of TruMotion, it is adding any value to the content.

I don't want to have to resort to using the XBox again for SD content, was hoping to play HD content via the USB...

Thanks in advance.

So far GAME mode seems to reduce the TruMotion.

Biggest problem is actually the audio being out of sync on analogue inputs. Having a big delay on SCART input from my Virgin Media box. This delay is a bit less on the video/audio composite in if I use a SCART to composite cable. The delay is still enough to be annoying and obviously not what I paid for...

I'll give this a go when I get the chance. Only tried DLNA so far.

Then again I'm not incredibly picky when it comes to fidelity of image or sound, so I might not be able to tell.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom