42 Viera DVB

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by steevs, Oct 2, 2004.

1. steevs

steevs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Hi all,

I just took delivery of my Viera and in trying to set up the DVB I am unable to find any ITV Channels, does anyone know why this is, i'm guessing its either my signal strengh is not good enough.

Thanks in advance

Steve

2. cj28

cj28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Almost certainly your aerial is the problem. Many UHF aerials are suited to a certain part of the UHF spectrum - so your existing aerial may only be suitable for the analogue channels in your area. Where I am, the Freeview multiplexes occupy a wider range of UHF channels than the 5 analogue channels. More than likely you will need a new wideband UHF aerial - shouldn't be too expensive if you're prepared to climb onto the roof to fit it yourself! I paid someone to put up 2 aerials recently to get all the freeview multiplexes and it did take him a while to get them all working, aerial orientation seemed to be particularly tricky where we are - but got all the channels on my Viera - much better than analogue, no ghosting etc.

CJ

3. steevs

steevs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Hi

Thanks for replying, I'll look into a new ariel. The strange thing is the anolouge channels seem to have a really poor reception, where as the digital is very good on the channels I do get, I do seem to be able to get them all apart from the itv, channel 4 and channel 5, the quality on the other channels is very good also, at least an 8 and most are 9. It does seem strange why I can get all the other channels apart from those.

Thanks

Steve

4. Starky

Starky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    I have exactly the same problem with my Viera. No ITV or Channel four through the freeview tunner. This also means I am missing a lot of other channels as well. Is it as simple as just getting a new arial? The channels I can pick up are a good signal so what gives? is it just the fact that the arial wont pick up the multiplex signal from those broadcasters? :confused:

6. Starky

Starky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going to try a new aerial, will keep you posted.