1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

42 Viera and desk stand.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Allan238, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Allan238

Allan238
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Would like your help. I'm seiously considering the Panasonic VIERA TH-42PE30 Plasma Television from AV-Sales.

What I would like to know is how suitable is the Desk Stand with this particular model?
    Secondly what is the receiver like with Satellite Television? (Not Sky)
    Being elderly and unable to visit the stores, your forum is my only window to Audio Vision. Your help therefore is of great imortance to me. Thank you.

2. cj28

cj28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Viera desk stand looks great with my Viera 42. The best online price I could find when I bought my stand was from Unbeatable. If you buy the desktop stand rather than the Panasonic cabinet you will need something else to set it on - I'm waiting for an Alphason stand to be delivered but its currently sitting on a wood coffee table!

Can't comment on satellite other than Sky. I'm using the integrated DVB Freeview tuner which is excellent. The Viera is an excellent all in one package - I use my AV amp and speakers for DVDs but the integral tuner/speakers means that the wife can switch it on and watch TV without the fuss of switching on the AV amp and selecting modes etc. If you already have a Sky Digibox/DVD/Freeview and amp then a PW6 or PW7 may work out cheaper.

CJ

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,217
    You will need help to get this all set up so i suggest you try local stores, John lewis will pricematch AV-sales as they have retail premises but critically JL cribbs causeway should be able to deliver for a small charge and actually set it up, these thins are very heavy and getting it on the stand take 2 ideally 3 strong people!

4. Allan238

Allan238
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    @cj28 and hornydragon.
    Your comments are sincerely appreciated. However I might have to enlist the help of my Son-in law, you see I have a 56 inch Toshiba at present and I have more or less promised it to him for Xmas. My only hope is that I shall get the same satisfaction from the Panny as I did from the Toshiba.
    The only reason I want to change is because it is such a huge, ugly monster.
    Perhaps it is time for a rethink,or to even wait for a while until I find another lighter model with similar specifications. Thank you gentlemen.

5. steveho

steveho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have the 42pe30b on the desk stand and it is absolutely the businees

bought mine from av-sales

42 viera
    dmre-95 hard disk/dvd recorder
    desk stand
    4 year total warranty

excellent deal and service from the above

tried going the john lewis route,to much hassle trying the pricematch thing,the above package was a great deal

steve

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,217