42'' upgrade to max 77'' screen - best screen for purpose

barr

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I am considering upgrade in next months? to main TV [largest tv in house is at 42'' so alot has changed in tv world since I got it!] šŸ˜Š

The pioneer 427Xd plasma has served me very well and still going strong and wasn't a budget tv by any stretch back in 2007.

Considering my space and distance in sitting room @ 10 foot I can just fit in max 77'' tv and so have been looking at Sony and LG recommendations i.e A80j / LG C1 etc. I am looking for great picture screen with decent viewing angle.

I can wait until prices drop or consider older models?

TV is mainly for HD/ UHD ,Sky Q , Netflix , Amazon prime streaming TV (no games console) . Watch alot of sport tv and movies. In relatively dark room setting

I have Denon AV receiver and Monitor Audio 5.1 system which I use 100% with TV so question is would you recommend alternative cheaper TV screen if not planning to use the tv sound speaker and if so what TV would recommend? Should I wait till next whenever? for example when prices drop as budget is not unlimited but will consider cost benefit of long term purchase for right screen for my purpose as don't plan changing again for another good few years šŸ™‚.

Thanks in advance.

be happy with any of them 2.

Cheers just wondering if over paying for a TV when only using some of the featured ie screen

There basically aren't other models to suggest unless you want to go down in HDR picture quality, loose better viewing angles or go up significantly in cost.

Thanks ..i will keep an eye out for these 2 screens

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom