• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

42" tv recommendations needed

ross1892

Standard Member
I am looking for a tv for a kitchen wall. It is quite a large kitchen and could take a max size of 42 " .
It needs to be a smart tv and have in built wifi. My budget is approx £500.

vickster

Distinguished Member
Internet browsing via the TV is dreadful mostly! Pretty much any Smart TV from 2013/2014 will offer iPlayer

Nick White

Novice Member
I was looking for a similar spec myself. I was recommended the Sony KDL42W705B.
Managed to get it for £529 from John Lewis (price matched richer sounds)
Arrives Thursday, so I'll let you know what it's like.

Ossie77

Established Member
As the TV is going in the kitchen I guess you will need one with a wide viewing angle? And as the lights are usually on in a kitchen then this might be the first time I recommend an LG on AVForums! LG's have IPS panels which have much better viewing angles than Sony W7, Panasonic E6 and all Samsung LED's. Smart functions are also supposed to be very good. I would choose something like;

LG 42LA620V | 42 inch 3D LED Smart TV 1080p HD Freeview HD | Richer Sounds

Or the Panasonic ET60 which also has an IPS panel;

Panasonic VIERA TXL42ET60B | 42 inch 3D LED Smart TV 1080p HD Freeview HD | Richer Sounds

If it was me I would pay the extra £50 for the ET60. The silver bezel would look great in a kitchen and the overall picture quality will be better than the LG's. Smart functions probably not quite up to LG's but still very good with the new Panasonic interface. Doesn't have as many catch up apps as LG though.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom