1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

42" Samsung plasma 1599 + vat

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by nobbydog, Jun 21, 2003.

1. nobbydog

nobbydog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just found on bestbuy.co.uk 42" Samsung plasma at 1599 + vat. no model number, thought it was worth sharing.

2. mattsimis

mattsimis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry to drag up an old post... but does anyone know if BestBuy.co.uk are legit? I have found no references to them anywhere but this forum.. which looks very odd.

Im in the market for a cheap plasma, I was going for the Samsung PS-42P2 ex demo for £1750 in vat... but Bestbuy.co.uk have the newer, better spec'ed PPM-42 S3 for only £1878 inc Vat.

The Bestbuy unit is of course new while the other one is not and has a limited warranty left. On the otherhand, BestBuy only offer delivery within 28days of payment... very long wait?

Any thoughts?

Matt

3. slidebed

slidebed
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    HI MATT HAVE A LOOK AT RICHER SOUNDS LG MZ-42PZ17 FOR £2100 INC VAT ITS MILES BETTER THEN THE SAMSUNG IVE LOOKED AT BOTH A CRT TV IS BETTER THEN A SAMSUNG THE PICTURE IS VERY POOR
    HOPE THIS HELPS ALAN
    IM GOING FOR HITATCHI 42 INCH £2250 PLUS VAT AT NEXNIX ALTHOUGH ITS ABOUT THAT EVERYWHERE

4. mattsimis

mattsimis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Unfortunately Richersounds have recently pulled out of (The Republic of) Ireland.. afaik they dont do shipping. :(

Matt

5. garrad

garrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Richersounds NI will ship to Rep of Ireland no problem and even cheaper than Richersounds Ireland would ship, lol.

6. 50/50

50/50
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just use a barclaycard, they insure you for online fraud, so if something does go wrong, they will take the company to court.

7. mattsimis

mattsimis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

Ordered a PMA400E from www.richersounds.ie on Friday, rang the Belfast office to confirm receipt to be promptly told they cannot ship to ROI, because they cant find a courier to carry such an expensive item. Pathetic, considering several UK Companies will ship over the sea no problem and they cant ship it over ground from NI.

Matt

8. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    why dont you just drive up and pick one up yourself?

Ad

9. mattsimis

mattsimis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well, thats technically an option, but I would be driving over 100miles in a Micra with a screen thats worth more than the car itself! Considering the roads can be crap at times and I doubt I could fit it upright all the way, it just didnt seem like a good idea.

Matt

10. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You could check your insurance policy...... for whatever reason, im told that goods in transporting home in my car would be covered under my household insuarnce. If you arent in this bracket, you could always consider trying to get your insurance company to insure it for the journey...... ive done that with a crt projector which was carried by a heavy duty haulier.

Ad