1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

42" Rear Projection bargain at Currys

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by RMCF, Mar 21, 2005.

1. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
  2. MQUIN SKYWALKER

MQUIN SKYWALKER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Dont Bother One Of The Worst Rptv Ever And Ive Had 5 Tosh Tvs But Will Never Buy One Again,i G/tee It Will Have A Red Blob In The Bottom Corner In A Week Like Mine Did Also The Display Had 2 On The Pic,they Are Just Trying To Get Rid,also The Pic Was Really Flickery To The Point Of Headaches,u Have Been Warned

3. blue_harvester

blue_harvester
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't totally agree that this is the worst RPTV ever but mine has the red blob at the bottom right of the screen. This is a replacement TV as well, the first one had the same problem, although the red blob was alot more noticeble. I got it replaced last sunday and the red blob started to appear the other night. If it gets any worse I'll be demanding my money back.

On a brighter note, I find the picture to be grand and I don't notice any flickering at all.

4. MQUIN SKYWALKER

MQUIN SKYWALKER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    :thumbsdow I GOT A TOSH RPTV THATS 4 YEARS OLD AND THE PIC ON THATS MILES BETTER THAN THIS MODEL,THE ENGENEER SAID THE BLOB WAS AN ACCEPTIBLE PICTURE FOR TOSHIBA!!!!!!!,GET A SONY KP44PX3 ONE WORD AWSOME £749 DELIVERED

5. Paul Cooksley

Paul Cooksley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    ....and perhaps most importantly - beware of buying anything major like this from Curry's - BE WARNED - if it goes wrong you'll have no end of trouble trying to put it right - unless you are one of the very few lucky ones!

6. Gadgets4Me

Gadgets4Me
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I consider myself a lucky one then. :)

After 1 month my Tosh 36ZP46 was sent for repair and came back with the same fault. Mastercare :thumbsdow

The Currys store manager loaned me the same model then replaced my faulty one with a boxed new one. :smashin:

I'm sure this one is better than the last, hardly any dirty screen effect, top left corner only.