42" Plasma Help Panny v Pio v Fujitsu

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by awebber, Sep 18, 2007.

1. awebber

awebber
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apologies if this question has been asked a trillion times, but i am in the market for 42" TV i had made my mind up on LCD sony w2000, then spoke to sevenoaks solihull who convinced me the plasma route was the one i should take. I watch a lot of Footy and movies. Confusion is which one is the best, even tho money isnt a problem i do want value for money. On my shortlist i have Fuji p42xha58eb (£1900) Pio pdp4280xd (£1400) Panny 42px70 (£800)
    At the moment i watch SD but do plan to upgrade to HD once i've run my plasma in. Question is, is the fuji £1100 better than the panny, am i worth waiting a few months to see if the fuji drops in price especially as Sevenoaks solihull is shutting and maybe they'll have a few deals etc. The guy in seven oaks was very convincing that the fuji is the best on the market was that sales bull or is it the tele i should buy.
    Cheers:lease:

2. everblue

everblue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Usually, its the more expensive, the better the thing is ;)

3. Member 6435

Member 6435

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +324
    Afternoon

If you have the budget then I would certainly recommend you opt for the Fujitsu due to the quality of image on both standard and high definition material. The 58 series are excellent panels and I am sure it will not be long before Fujitsu owners find their way to this thread to confirm their experiences with this model.

Regards

Alastair:hiya:

4. duke748

duke748

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34

The question you should be asking is not of us, whose opinion is subjective, but of yourself.

Did you think the Fuji was worth £1100 more then the Panny when you viewed it or worth £500 more then the Pio? Or did you find the Pio was worth £600 more then the Panny and represented better value then the Fuji ?

I doubt you'll get a deal when Sevenoaks closes as the Fuji's are mainly in bought to order and are, generally, in short supply.

5. MattyKHZ

MattyKHZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    If you see my comments in the Fujitsu thread, I went to see teh Fujitsu against the Pioneer in Sevenoaks and the Fujitsu could deal with footbal in SD, the Pioneer could not.

For me the processing on the Fujitsu makes it the better display for the long term.