1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

42" Plasma has developed fault since Monday PM

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by panama, Jun 3, 2004.

1. panama

panama
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hello all.
    I purchased the LG MZ-42PZ44 42" plasma TV from Curry's in Leicester on Monday afternoon. Set it all up and very very impressed with it.

so far so good but...

This evening the wife called me in to the front room to show me a single coloured vertical line about a 3rd of the way in from the right hand side of the screen. It is a couple of pixels wide and runs fully top to bottom.

It is on all the channels, sky, normal tv and DVD.

The screen has not been left on and has had minimal use since Monday.

If I switch the screen off and then back on, the line is not there until the proper tv picture comes up, i.e. it's not on the grey blank screen before the picture kicks in.

I have tried the whitewash setting and that hasn't made any difference.

Any suggestions before I box it up and take it back?

thanks in advance and any suggestions on what to replace it with. Needs to be 42", detachable speakers and have a tuner (so we can watch normal tv while the kids watch the other tv with sky's cartoon channel on).

Panama :thumbsdow

2. Elvis

Elvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would get on the phone to Currys post haste and insist they sort it out. It sounds like the pixels are stuck, which would mean the screen has to be replaced. Unless you want another LG you'll probably do better getting a full refund and buying elsewhere. How much did you pay (if you don't mind me asking).

If you want detachable speakers (why detachable - do you want speakers or not?) and a tuner I would look at the new Hitachi's, alternatively the Panny PE30 has fixed speakers and a tuner. Pioneer HDE would also fit your specification but would be a considerable jump in price.

3. panama

panama
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Elvis I want the speakers so that the wife doesn't have to use the amp if she chooses to watch tv in the front room. But I also want the facility to take them off as I may be wall mounting the tv later.

Update: I have had a complete refund for the faulty LG. :clap:

I am looking at the Hitachi 42PD5200 for 2999 with stand,spaeakers and a free portable DVD player. From what I have seen in the mags this sounds like a good deal.

Is this a new model, or is there a new version of the same model, with same model number (u can see I am a bit confused).

thanks for your advice by the way.

4. Gazzad

Gazzad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Check out NexNix - www.nexnix.co.uk - who have this model on sale for £2,434.95 (inc delivery) including free DVD offer and DVE disk. Very well regarded by many on this forum

5. mybox69

mybox69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    did you managed to get rid off line? if so what was it ?

6. Kev12

Kev12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Think he has by now mate, it was 3 years ago!