1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

42" Panny under 3K

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Darrenn, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Darrenn

Darrenn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone used Krish Audio Visual before??

Had a look on their website (www.krishav.co.uk) and they are selling the Panny TH-42PW5B for £2995 including VAT!

I've been looking at getting the 42" panny for some time and wondered if they were going to break the 3K bracket (it's purely a psychological thing!!)

Like to see if anyone has used them previously - before I shell out this kind of money!

Thanks

Darren

PS - if this works out - be prepared for a deluge of questions on how to set the bloody thing up!!

2. LeonidS

LeonidS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Buy Toshiba in Richersounds for 2999.95. Exactly the same screen but with 2 years warranty ( instead of one for Panasonic ) plus you can get extended warranties for 250 pounds ( if you want ).

3. Blu-rayx

Blu-rayx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    Darrenn,

Krish Audio have a very bad after sales service :thumbsdow

My tosh 32 inch tv had a fault they said i have to bring the tv in because they do not have a call out engineer :mad:.

because i took out a 5 year extended warranty i waited 1 year then reported the fault :devil: they came round & fixed the it :D (5 year extended warranty is a different company from Krish Audio).

plus my tv is a gray import so stay well clear ;)

dvd

4. Darrenn

Darrenn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info.

Don't the plasma's come with a manufactures warranty? I thought the Panasonic came with a one year on-site service?

I wondered if they would be imports!

DVD - when you say grey import - do you mean an EU import or a proper grey import ie. from outside EU??

Cheers for the advice!

Darren

5. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Please remember forum libel rules folks when discussing retailers and their products ...

Jon

6. Darrenn

Darrenn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry Jon - didn't want to get anyone in trouble - just looking for recommendations - or not as the case may be. I tend to do this when spending thousands of my hard earned cash!!

Can you point me in the direction of the forum libel rules - so I can learn what can and can't be said. They probably appeared when I registered - but that was some time ago now!

Cheers
    Darren

PS. Has anyone seen the Panny for under 3K anywhere else??

7. sijones

sijones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I have purchased from Krish AV in the past (previously known as SDB) and I have always had very good service.

8. Rich

Rich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +134
    i got my plasma from krish av,didn't have any problems,very good service in fact,was sent by courier not just some parcel delivery service.if it breaks an engineer from panasonic comes to fix it,not krish.

9. pwhite8314

pwhite8314
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Darrenn

Try Richer Sounds - they price-match 'Which accredited' web sites, but as that's no longer an active scheme, they're more flexible on who they price match with. I got my screen from them a few months ago for just over £3k, I suspect they'll come below that mark now. Usual warning re: EU imports apply though - RS have lots of these, and will supply one unless you are very clear in wanting a UK-sourced screen.