• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

42" panny to 50" ?

guyman

Standard Member
Hi people ,
I currently have the Panasonic TH42PX60, am considering a 50" replacement, have had the panny for about 4 years, if i get a low end £700 Panasonic will it be better ? have picture qualities moved on that much ? I use it to watch Virgin, play Xbox and watch Blu Ray on a Panasonic SC-BT330 bluray.

Last edited:

-=Rob=-

Established Member
Did you end up changing? I'm considering moving from my px70 to a 50" or maybe larger. I want something that is on par or better than my px70, which is very similar to the px60... Would be interested in what you found!

D

Deleted member 432728

Did you end up changing? I'm considering moving from my px70 to a 50" or maybe larger. I want something that is on par or better than my px70, which is very similar to the px60... Would be interested in what you found!

Isnt that the 2008 model?

-=Rob=-

Established Member
Isnt that the 2008 model?

PX60 is 2006 and PX70 2007 I believe. I have had a PX60 and then got a PX70, they are basically the same apart from PX60 being silver and PX70 black. Interested what the OP went for in the end.

guyman

Standard Member
not gone for anything yet :rotfl:
still looking :confused:
think im down to 3 as my new thread , but even then i like the look of LGs too now :suicide::suicide::suicide:

-=Rob=-

Established Member
not gone for anything yet :rotfl:
still looking :confused:
think im down to 3 as my new thread , but even then i like the look of LGs too now :suicide::suicide::suicide:

I went for an LG in the end as they look stunning, got a 50pk790 plasma. Just sorting out a new wall build before it gets up and running :)

Tuono r

Established Member
guyman
I too have that Panasonic tv.
Just done a deal to upgrade to a TXP46S20B £675 with 5 year W. This has the Freeview HD built in, and seeing as I have a Freesat Digi box HD I will put that through the 46" so have I hope best of both Freeviews HD.
We looked at the 50" but I did agree it will take over the room.

I think the Fireplace is better to look at as a centre piece not the TV.
T

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom