42" - Not Big Enough

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Wing Co, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Wing Co

Wing Co

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Love reading these forums and got my Panasonic 42" PV500 on the recommendations here from JL last summer. Its a great telly and much better than my Panasonic 36" CRT telly (which prior to PV500 I thought was great) which is now in my sons room and looks small!

Run it in dynamic all the while, don't care about the warning I'm going to enjoy it and if it packs up JL can bail me out and I'll get a new one in 5 years anyway. Really good with the X Box 360. Also wide screen movies look so much better because of the lush black surround, I now don't notice the borders on some films. Can't say I like the return to silver for 06.

However, even though my lounge is not that big, just average I guess I now wish I'd got the 50". At the time I wanted to buy from JL and the 50" was a heck of a lot more, but I should have done it as bigger is better. I guess its just the way everything is going, once there was Mini I Pod now there is thingy my bob with a million whats its.

WE JUST KEEP WANTING MORE - DAMM THE MANUFACTERS!

Message if you can afford it go bigger.

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    quite right mate! but as an aside I'm not sure how you can enjoy Dynamic mode.....I find it horribly bright and artificial