42" full LED options?

cymruoasis

I'm thinking of upgrading my bedroom TV from a 32" to a 42" in the next couple of months. We've just bought an LG 47LE8900 for the lounge, which we're really pleased with.

I think we've been lucky because alot of these models suffer from banding and I can't find any major issues with ours. So I'm abit reluctant to go for the 42" version increase I get a dud!

I can't seem to find any other (non-3D) versions of full LED 42" TV's though. I'm ruling out a plasma because of what I've read about having to have certain settings for X amount of hours to bed the TV in.

Any thoughts/recommendations welcome :)

cymruoasis

Thanks for your reply. I've been led to believe that edge lit LED tv's are a waste of money (compared to normal LCD's), and often suffer from light bleed though?

yaboy

well it depends I have seen them produce some amazing pictures they have deep blacks but on the other hand arent so good with motion unless your going for the higher priced ones

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom