42-50" TV under £500..

josho1191

Novice Member
Hi, apologies in advance as this question has probably been asked a million times over.

Currently have a 32" LG 720p jobby in the living room and its about time I treated myself. Been looking at the LG 42LA620V recently but have been reading on here the TV suffers badly with banding issues, motion blur etc etc. I would like to stick to LG as I have surround sound, Blu ray from LG but if it means straying away fron LG to get better quality then so be it.

So can anybody recommend a decent set for under £500 ideally? Would like smart and 3D if the money can stretch.

Did look into the Samsung UE46F320 set, any experience with these? Also looked into plasma sets, I am a moderate gamer, mainly watch TV though.

Any advice would be great!

omiaho

Banned
LG tvs are good but personally I'd go for Sony or Panasonic. However seen as though you have a matching set then it has to be LG TV for you :p

This one should be perfect;
LG 42LA620V 42-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD Cinema 3D Smart LED TV with Freeview HD/Built-In Wi-Fi: Amazon.co.uk: TV

If you want bigger size;
LG 47LA620V 47-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD Cinema 3D Smart LED TV with Freeview HD/Built-In Wi-Fi: Amazon.co.uk: TV

All LED tvs have motion blur however the 2013/14 Sony models seem to have less input lag and motion blur compared to others.

Ossie77

How about the F6400 46" which is on sale at Currys for £599? Its had good reviews but very little feedback (either good or bad) from AVF members. LG put their faith in IPS panels which give really good viewing angles but poor contrast/blacks levels whereas Samsung use VA panels which give good contrast/black levels but poor viewing angles. 46" is a really good size for most living rooms so I think you're on the right track.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom