• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question 4100 series Sat Tuning

Pwh2

Novice Member
I have a 4100 series tv connected to Sat dish astra 28..channel search has loads over 700 channels...
Is there a way to just filter all except Freesat channels for UK TV. Other than going through one by one on to favourites...!!!

Leewdwd

Novice Member
Morning. Unfortuantely not. I had this exact issue. I need to use Satellite as the house arial doesn't work.

Tedious job to do but once you've done it, its fine.

I'm unsure what year you're TV is but I would avoid any software updates. I've ran one which has remoted the option to create a favorites list.

See here:

Pwh2

Novice Member
Morning. Unfortuantely not. I had this exact issue. I need to use Satellite as the house arial doesn't work.

Tedious job to do but once you've done it, its fine.

I'm unsure what year you're TV is but I would avoid any software updates. I've ran one which has remoted the option to create a favorites list.

See here:
Thank you for your reply.. The TV is only 6 months old and I don't have an aerial only a sat dish... Picture is great but the operating system is pants... I can't get the Epg to populate either any ideas? .... Wish I had bought an LG or Samsung..!

Leewdwd

Novice Member
Again, i've got the same problem.

You won't get full EPG using Satellite as this will just advertise On now and Next. I find if i leave something playing on Satellite for a while, a lot of the EPG slowly pulls through but its very hit and miss. I was used to FreeSat before this TV so it was quick a knock back when i realised i couldn't get full EPG.

My advice would be to either try and get an aerial working (even test with a indoor one) or IPTV.

Pwh2

Novice Member
Again, i've got the same problem.

You won't get full EPG using Satellite as this will just advertise On now and Next. I find if i leave something playing on Satellite for a while, a lot of the EPG slowly pulls through but its very hit and miss. I was used to FreeSat before this TV so it was quick a knock back when i realised i couldn't get full EPG.

My advice would be to either try and get an aerial working (even test with a indoor one) or IPTV.
Thanks for your reply, I too am used to freesat as I'm in France and used that for UK TV.
I have an LG smart TV here and it can filter just freesat channels and the epg works.... I think the best bet for this micky mouse Phillips TV is connect it to a freesat box or a sky box.... Thanks again.
Paul H

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom