40x27" poster frames

Discussion in 'Memorabilia & Collectible Figures' started by Michael, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Michael

Michael

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +186
    I'm sure this has been done to absolute death and a half, but...

Where can I get some poster frames that will accommodate 27x40" original posters? The IKEA frames are 1" too short (and I am not trimming/folding an original), the local framer quoted me at least £70: where can I get them.

Ideally I'd like to spend about £40; the posters I'm choosing are only about £20 each, though glass would be nice, as I'd like to one day put some more expensive ones in :) I am more than happy to buy second-hand, if such mythical creatures exist.

So far, I've picked up about 4 of the GB eye Maxi frames, for my reproduction posters, and they look fabulous in the new place :D They are the main reason I'd like to get some originals.

I would post pictures, but i haven't put the telly on the wall yet, so the look isn't quite finished :)

2. Michael

Michael

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +186
    Problem solved: found a local place that can do them for £40 :arty:

3. dec

dec

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    would you mind pointing me in the right direction? I have exactly the same problem. I purchased a UK Quad of Rust and Bone. Now finding it very difficult to find a frame at a decent price :)

4. Michael

Michael

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +186
    Mine came to a little more than expected, about £60.

It was a local frame shop (in Cornwall), although they do ship. Maybe try a local near you?