• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

40W2000 or 40V3000?

Gr1f

Standard Member
Hi all,
Unfortunately the 40W3000 is just outside my price bracket here in ireland so it looks as if the next best models would be the 40W2000 or the V3000. Any suggestions?

The TV will primarily be used for Standard Cable, Sky and DVD use until i get a HD or BR player sometime in the future.

Thanks in advance!

6950rpm

When I purchased my W2000, there was a massive difference in picture quality between it and the V2000 / V2500 mostly visable in the reds. When lookign at a V set on its own it looked ok but when compared side by side with a W they looked pink.

Now I know this is a new V series and now supports 1080p but I still haven't managed to see one side by side next to a W so don't know if they have sorted out the colour.

Really glad I paid the extra at the time and got the W.

watchmaker

I would say go for the 40V3000 (I did!). The 40W2000 is getting a bit long in the tooth now and the 40V3000 isn't much different spec wise from the 40W3000. If nothing else you get an extra HDMI input with the V3000.

You could try a search in the LCD section as I think you'll find more threads on this there.

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom