40th birthday present

• Thread starter Deleted member 221953
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 221953

It's my 40th in April a d my wife has asked me what I would like. I am one of those people that has everything(I think) I need. Anyone got any ideas what she could get me?

I have already said for her to get me nothing, but she insists.

Any ideas?

Martin

I got a very nice original John Haskins oil painting of the Empire State building.

Was the last thing i was expecting but i love it.

Rather than an object, how about a trip or an activity?
Weekend away. City break either UK or abroad.
Track day. Clay shooting. Paintball. Sky diving. Hot air balloon. Trial flight.

Send the wife away for the evening and invite the best looking 16 year old who will have you home for a long night. To get ready for it don't delete all those spam emails you might still receive, one of them could come in useful. Enjoy life while you can.

balidey said:
Rather than an object, how about a trip or an activity?
Weekend away. City break either UK or abroad.
Track day. Clay shooting. Paintball. Sky diving. Hot air balloon. Trial flight.

Doing go karting on my birthday already

A decent watch... ;)

Ditto! A nice watch makes a perfect 40th present! Maybe one that could be an heirloom to your kids??

This time last year I spent my 40th in The Maldives which was bloody awesome. Whilst a nice watch would last for much longer than a fortnight, the memories from the trip last for ever.

Send the wife away for the evening and invite the best looking 16 year old who will have you home for a long night. To get ready for it don't delete all those spam emails you might still receive, one of them could come in useful. Enjoy life while you can.

What?

Adopt a dolphin or mountain gorilla. They write to you! How??

I would go with the watch. Just don't go for a 'designer' make, someone who makes clothes, but buys watches in and sticks their name on them.
How much does she want to spend?

I bought a laptop for my 40th (3 years ago) and the wife uses it daily (I have never touched it yet).

be the meat in a roly poly sandwich - make sure to take a pack of butter along because anything goes ! :smashin:

It's my 40th next Jan....I've already asked for a nice watch.

Nothing too expensive - I quite fancy a Citizen eco-drive (Blue Angel or Black Eagle).

Its my 40th in may ,i'm off on a mini break to the concentration camps in poland...
A meal and some krug with mrs and tickets to see a comedian,then a day night out with lads ending with a bash at an album launch party...

I do want an imac for my mini studio ,but i've told her not to bother,i'll buy it myself...

And then i'll take a quiet moment to reflect on what being 40 means for me...Scary...

neilios said:
Its my 40th in may ,i'm off on a mini break to the concentration camps in poland...
A meal and some krug with mrs and tickets to see a comedian,then a day night out with lads ending with a bash at an album launch party...

I do want an imac for my mini studio ,but i've told her not to bother,i'll buy it myself...

And then i'll take a quiet moment to reflect on what being 40 means for me...Scary...

What makes it scary? I'm not bothered about turning 40!

Martin

When I was 40 I looked 50 years or age. Now I'm 50 people say I look ten years younger :rolleyes:

I'm 40 today.

Currently I'm in a hotel in Zagreb Croatia. This evening I'll probably go out with some friends; at some point it will involve naked females and poles I imagine.

Mr.D said:
I'm 40 today.

Currently I'm in a hotel in Zagreb Croatia. This evening I'll probably go out with some friends; at some point it will involve naked females and poles I imagine.

Sounds good, enjoy your day/night

Martin

I'm 40 today.

Happy birthday Mr.D hope you have a good'un.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom