40GB Mp3 player £99!

G

gr-argh

Gary Lightfoot said:
I have one of these and it works a treat.

Gary
Gary,

I've a couple of questions on the player, from the website,

# Built-in rechargeable Lithium battery. Can you replace the battery?

# Includes software for Windows 98 operating. What about XP?

# USB cable - included. USB on Windows 98?

Cheers

KevD

gr-argh said:
Gary,

I've a couple of questions on the player, from the website,

# Built-in rechargeable Lithium battery. Can you replace the battery?

# Includes software for Windows 98 operating. What about XP?

# USB cable - included. USB on Windows 98?

Cheers
Dont know about the batery, but you wont need drivers for use on XP as it will just detect it as a mass storage device. Probably why they only mention 98 (the second edition of 98 was usb compatible).

Peter Parker

Distinguished Member
I've not looked into replacing the battery either, but the USB works fine with XP. I just dropped all my folders ont the drive (each folder is an album), and select 'shuffle all' and it randomly plays a track from all of the folders, which means I've no idea which track/album will be next.

As for ugly, I got it for its storage size/value and not its looks so that I could use it in the car. It's approx 4.75" x 3.3" x 1" in size. I can put it in a jacket pocket or the glove box and let it play via an FM transmitter so it doesn't have to be in sight.

It looks like it'll come apart after removing 4 screws, but I've yet to try that.

Gary.

joust

Gary Lightfoot said:
I've not looked into replacing the battery either, but the USB works fine with XP. I just dropped all my folders ont the drive (each folder is an album), and select 'shuffle all' and it randomly plays a track from all of the folders, which means I've no idea which track/album will be next.

As for ugly, I got it for its storage size/value and not its looks so that I could use it in the car. It's approx 4.75" x 3.3" x 1" in size. I can put it in a jacket pocket or the glove box and let it play via an FM transmitter so it doesn't have to be in sight.

It looks like it'll come apart after removing 4 screws, but I've yet to try that.

Gary.
Hi Gary,

Could you comment on the sound quality? We are looking for a player for my daughter at the moment, I would like to buy somehting 'cheap', but not of dud quality.

Cheers,

Joust

Trending threads

Top Bottom