400W NorthQ Giant Charger, any good?

mambo1888

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, just wondering if this particular charger is any good for a basic pc maybe with light gaming? Cant seem to find any reviews anyone had any experience with northq psu's particularly this model?

Cheers mambo:thumbsup:

Thanks for the response mate. I was actually going to buy the corsair one you have put a link to, but the northq one is on the today only section for £17 when they usually retail between £35-40 i think. I know the corsair one will be a lot better but as its not going to be powering a heavy duty machine i thought the northq maybe adequete. I would really like to know if anyone has had any first hand experience with this brand of psu, good or bad. If this was at its usual price of £37.56 it would be a no brainer to go with the corsair one but im thinking at £17 it may be worth a gamble:confused:

£17 is not worth the gamble imop and you no this:), you no it makes sense in the long run mate, ask your self why there is no reviews and people who had or have this Psu, may be there system has gone Puff.

Ask your self what can you get for £17? Motherboard,Cpu,memory,Gpu,hardrive ect

Yeah your probally right mate, although i have opted for one of theese to put into an old P4 pc that still gets used from time to time, cant be any worse than the one thats in it the now and it sounds like a fighter jet taking off, lol.
But you have swayed me back to the corsair for another pc project that has some newer components in it, on a side note do you think it will be powerfull enough to stick a 5770 in? I done a calculator check last night and it came back with 350w or something so i think it should be fine.

Cheers for your advice mate:smashin:

no worry's up to you at end of day, but the one your taking out sounds like that is ready for going anyway due to fan speed and the Psu maybe running hot,
had this issue on a mates System years back on his Psu, the fan was spinning very fast then one day it went Pop (he only told me this after it went pop:rolleyes:) :laugh:
he was lucky the rest of system was fine.

Yeah the system must be 6-7 years old, im not going to throw money at it so going for the northq if it dies it dies, but going for the corsair for the Athlon quad pc im building for a mate:)

As you may of noticed on the gaming thread your on ive had a punt on the 580 from amazon so might have to upgrade my 600w ocz modxstream to something with a bit more headroom. I will need to run another calculator test me thinks:thumbsup:

with the system being so old your probably right, the psu is probably worth more than the system as well, would go for the Corsair 430 if your going for the 5770 in the other system.

good deal on the 580 recommended on the box is 600w your on the limit again though, if you start overclocking ect and adding you would really want a higher rated Psu, more headroom you see.

yeah thats the plan with the 5770 going in athlon quad and the corsair 430, should be enough by the calculator.

definetly thinking about upgrading my own psu to maybe 750 or 850 if i do get the 580 fingers crossed:D

easy enough there mate :smashin:

i have the 850 Modular very good psu for the money this replaced my old enermax DXX 1000 which became faulty , the Equivalent is the new AX 850, running on a overclocked i7 rig and a 480.

would rather have plenty so dont need to worry about upgrading it for a couple of years, missed out on the 750 hx corsair on the classifieds the other day which would of been perfect :rolleyes:

Last edited:
yea i seen that £80 i think it went for.

yeah i had offered £80 but wanted to do £40 upfront £40 on delivery cos of the low itrader rating but im sure something else will come up

good Psu, this one of the best sites for Psu reviews, think this is the same but none Led version Antec Truepower New 750W Review

but personally i would go Corsair for the longer warranty and very good support, and they always underrate the Wattage of there psu's

Yeah I think I will wait until I see a good deal for a 750 or 850 corsair. The 7 year warranty and from what I've heard excellent returns policy are very appealing :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom