400 Microsoft Points are all yours email from MS

mattclarkie

Novice Member
I just got an email from MS with the title

400 Microsoft Points are all yours

The points code worked, but the issue is I've been a gold member for over 3 years so have no idea why MS have sent me this :confused:. At first I thought it was a scam, so made sure not to click the REDEEM button.

Has anyone else had this?

Ah....................................Halo !!!

Where have you been :D

http://www.avforums.com/forums/xbox...pril-15-2010-original-xbox-console-games.html

On April 15, 2010, we will discontinue the Xbox LIVE service for original Xbox games playable on Xbox v1 and Xbox 360. In our continuing efforts to evolve the service, we need to make changes to the LIVE service that are not compatible with original Xbox v1 games.

What does this change mean for you?
• It does not affect your ability to play original Xbox v1 games offline, but does remove LIVE connectivity and support for online multiplayer, leader boards, and other online features of these games.
• We realize that you are an avid Halo 2 fan. Unfortunately, with this change, you will not be able to play Halo 2 on Xbox LIVE going forward.
• Although it is difficult to say goodbye to Halo 2, the Halo franchise continues as the benchmark for multiplayer gaming in this generation with Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, and soon Halo: Reach. On the Xbox 360, you will continue to have access to the LIVE service where you can enjoy hundreds of other LIVE-enabled games.

When will this change take effect?
• April 15, 2010.

What is Xbox LIVE doing for me?
• To thank you for being a loyal Xbox LIVE customer, we are giving you a free, three-month LIVE Gold membership and 400 Microsoft Points for you to use as you choose on Xbox LIVE.
• In addition, because you've been so loyal to Halo, we are inviting you to participate in the exclusive Halo: Reach Beta.

How do I get these offers?
• You will receive a token for 400 MS points. Check your Xbox LIVE account messages on the console. These points can be used for 365 days after you activate your token.
• We are extending your Gold membership by three months automatically. The extension will be directly reflected in your LIVE account.
• Finally, as the beta gets closer, you will receive an e-mail containing the code granting you access to the exclusive Halo: Reach Beta.

Thank you for being a loyal Xbox LIVE member. Please visit xbox.com/support if you have any questions or for more information.
The Xbox LIVE Team

Last edited:

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
Yep, I got that to. So my 4 hours of Halo 2 got me a rather nice gift :D.
That's a joke, I played Halo 2 on the last day and haven't had anything

:hiya: Matt

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
It has been a long time

How does that work?!

My H2 service record is attached

Attachments

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
If Matt's membership has been extended by three months then I guess it means they are from H2 otherwise they could be from the trailer if he downloaded it

I may try shooting an email off to MS about me not getting anything from H2 though as I even downloaded that trailer :confused:

mattclarkie

Novice Member
I never downloaded the trailer, so they can't be from that. My memberships says:
Xbox LIVE Prepaid 3 Month Gold Membership Card

End date: 16/07/2011

So I assume I got a 3month sub from them which means it has to be teh Haloz.

jason7579

That's strange, I got the 400 points email and code yesterday but I've never played the original Xbox online and I didn't get an extra 3 months, I assumed it was the Red Dead points???

edit:

I really should read the emails I get, I paid no attention to the text...

You upgraded to Gold after attending Xtival. Thank you! We hope you are making the most of the great entertainment on Xbox LIVE, from multiplaying to chatting with friends and downloading exclusive content and game Add-ons at the Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

We promised you 400 Microsoft Points on top of your year's subscription. Go to www.xbox.com and use the code below to redeem your points.

As you head off to spend your Points, make sure you don't miss our Deal of the Week - exclusive to Gold members. It gives you up to 40% off the very best Xbox content.

Happy shopping!

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member

daz4590

Novice Member
I heard it was all to do with people playing the final few days...but I played every single last day all night but didn't get anything. So maybe not then. Rubbish but good luck to everyone who got one!

messenger

Crazy I got my 400 points, never used them yet though just added them to my account. So I go to use them & now they've gone!!!!

Checked my download list to see if they'd somehow got used on something else but no, sadly they have all gone. Only thing that changed was my console thats now gone Slim, doubt their locked to a particular console, hey ho easy come easy go.....

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom