40" Vs 46" LCD Prices and Samsung LCD questions

Stonedofmoo

Established Member
Reaction score
I’m on the lookout for a 40-46" LCD. I would spend anything up to £1k.

I’ve been keeping an eye on the Samsung LCDs since early last year when the M87 series first appeared. I’ve left it a long time because to start with the prices were rather high and I wanted the bugs ironed out which I guess they would be by now.

So yesterday I started looking. The M87 40" model is now at a quite reasonable £740ish or lower depending on the deal and that’s great. The 46" on the other hand is £1080 at best?!

That’s a massive £340 difference in price for a mere 6" of screen size. Why is the price so dramatically different...?

On another note the F series was launched later. On the face of it, it would appear to be quite similar to the M series with a number of additions that will be important to some people. This also is more than £300 more than its M87 equivalant... for practically the same screen, what’s going on there?

And finally the M87 series is now 9 months old at least, which in LCD TV terms is getting on quite old. Does anyone know of plans by Samsung to replace it? I do think 2008 will be the golden year for 1080p TVs

Thanks all, and happy New Year! :hiya:

The F series TV's are 100hz, I think thats the main reason for the price increace.

Yep so £300 for a technoligy that many people will turn off as it's not a perfect implementation.

I did think when the F series appeared that the M series would be phased out, but interestingly they have not.

Both M and F series are going to be replaced in march,the US equivalent models announced yesterday

Oh fab, in that case I might wait a little longer. Are they LED backlit like the current 52" F series?

nope

makro are doing the samsung LE46N87BDX for £899.99 + vat from 9th to 22nd jan..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom