40" Samsung LE40R88BD...! NEED HELP!

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by Blingster, Apr 28, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Blingster

Blingster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I NEED help! I have just bought the new 40" Samsung LE40R88BD from 'Currys' for £849 bargin (-: I have got the 'Belkin' display cable for this to connect to the laptop and i have set it up and everything (Changed display settings etc) And it shows my desktop (Background) without the icons on my desktop on my laptop screen (IE7) etc and also when i open a film it doesnt display it.....

I need some advice or a walkthrough i have turned on all the settings i should in the menu and still nothing?

Mail back asap

Cheers

Blingster

2. limblee

limblee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    you using Vista?

3. Blingster

Blingster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, I have now sorted it out (-: I didnt know it would just be a extention to my laptop screen and when i move all the way over to the right it shows the pointer and i have to drag video screen etc over to it and it displays it but i have no sound only the sound from the laptop am i guessing now i have to spend ever more £ on buying a audio cable to connect the laptop to the LCD?

Cheers for help so far

Blingster

4. MrMister111

MrMister111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    I only paid £780 from Empire and an extra £20 for a 3 year warranty

What panel did you get? look on the back after the model no. will have (R) then a letter firther along from that

cheers

5. DrugstoreCowboy

DrugstoreCowboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    :( I didn't see the 3 year warranty thing until after I bought the TV.

6. Blackbolt360

Blackbolt360

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +794
    Unless you can devise a free way of sending the audio to the TV, yes you will need to buy a Audio out to 3.5mm jack.

7. Blingster

Blingster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey everyone, Thankyou for your input i have got the screen working now didnt know it would just be a extention to my laptop screen ie. if i move the cursor over to the right it will appear on the LCD and if i move it back it will be on the laptop doesnt matter quite kool i guess! I now have a new problem i went to Currys 2day and got a audio cable because i thought the audio would go through this cable that connects the laptop and the screen but no it doesnt or i couldnt make sound come out of it? This new cable connects into the x3 audio inputs in the front of laptop Mic/audio in/audio out i think (If you know how these are setup normally tell me) This is a Packard Bell laptop - Easynot anyway! Anyway i connect the phono end of the cable looks like headphones connection into both audio in/audio out and also the Mic and connected the other x2 cables 1x Red 1x White into the side of the Samsung TV (AV in) This is where they said put it (NO SOUND) so i put it in the back where it said audio components and still nothing i have noticed next to where i connect the (D-sub / VGA whatever the cable is called) it has a audio in and i think this is for the PC sound!

Please help as i want to watch films but only can hear it though the laptop why i watch on LCD

Blingster