• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

40" plus TV for PS4/Gaming

lpoolck

Novice Member
I am looking at buying a new TV for gaming and after some research I note that I should be looking at input lag.

I have found the following TV's that are in and around my budget up to £400 max but there is little or no information on input lag on any sites that do input lag testing.

LG 49LB5500V 49 inch LED TV 1080p HD

Buy Philips 43PUT4900 43 Inch 4K Ultra HD Freeview HD TV at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Televisions.

SONY KDL48W705CBU, 48 Full HD 1080p Smart TV with Freeview HD and Built-in Wi-Fi

Can anyone recommend me if the above TV will be good for my needs or recommend another decent TV for my budget?

logitek256

Novice Member
Hello! I am going through the same process... I have the same question regarding the input lag for the philips.

You cannot go wrong with the Sony as they have minimal input lag.

I am looking for a tv for the living room so the options are more for an all rounder of a tv.

My eyes are set on the Samsung Curved J6300.

One thing be careful with the LGs as some models seem to be quite slow!

lpoolck

Novice Member
I am not convinced that curved TV are for me. The ones I have seen in shops have so far not impressed me.

Thanks for the information on the Sony having low lag, think I will go for that one then.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom