40" LCD with stand - Budget £800

y2viks

Standard Member
Hi,

I've been looking for a 40" TV for a while now and I think the best one I can get for the £700 mark is a Sony KDL-40V3000. I'll use the TV for Sky, Xbox360 and the Wii. If there are any other suggestions people could give me i'd be greatful :)

The best price i have seen for that LCD is £699 at ElectroSaver. Would it be advisable to get a 2/3/5 year warranty with them or would it be better to go to a company where the TV might cost £50 more but i get a 2 year Warranty inculded.

Finally is there a specific stand for the TV or will any stand do? I'm not looking to spend too much on one so if anyone can point me in the right direction it'd be helpful

Thanks

Viks

Boon72

price match with john lewis and get a free 5yr warranty

ChrisGgr

I definitely agree that the 40V3000 with JL PMisa the best option

y2viks

Standard Member
Thanks for the responses guys :)

Can you tell me how the pricematch with JL works? Do i just go into the store with a print out of the price?

Is it worth waiting until the Bank Holiday weekend to see if there's any discount from any shops?

Also are there any stands you can recommend for the TV?

Thanks

Viks

ChrisGgr

I cant help further on the PM process I am not from UK

stevep94

You just need to ring John Lewis and tell them where you are wanting them to price match to (must be a shop that you can walk into and get the TV for that price!) and they check it out (stock availability, deals etc) and then send you a letter either accepting or rejecting your proposal!

I got them to price match to Sound And Vision Online (as they have a store in Bolton) for the Sony 40V3000 for £674.99 a few weeks ago and I collected the TV from the Sheffield store no problem with my free 5yr warranty inclusive! :thumbsup:

SteveP