1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

40" LCD v plasma (plus smaller sony LCDs)

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Scapegoat, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Scapegoat

Scapegoat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Having recently moved house I am in the position of buying new flat panal TVs for the lounge.

I had all but decided on the Panasonic PV500..until I saw the new Sony HD LCD range. Have seen the 32 inch up and running and it looks good.

The 40" version is only £2040 online - which compares favourably to the £2199 I have seen for the PV500.

Any thoughts on the new HD LCD screens verses the PV500?

Also I am looking to buy a couple of smaller LCD tvs for the kitchen and lounge. As these will only get an outlet feed from Sky+ then HD connection etc is not that important.

So aesthetics and value are also factors. There are some good deals on the Sony KLV HR3 range - any thoughts on these sets?

2. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but the Sony KLV-26HG2 is excellent and is well worth it if you don't care about HD much. It does have Component inputs too though, so it's not totally HD-less. The WEGA Engine processing makes digital TV broadcasts surprisingly watchable.

3. stu.artd

stu.artd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +328
    If it had HDMI I'd have bought the Sony 26HG2 as it had a very good picture, in fact it's the best of the LCD sets I've seen on display in stores so far, the best price I've seen for it is £785.