1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

40" LCD Humax 2xFreeview recorder

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by APPRIA40WR, Oct 10, 2005.

1. APPRIA40WR

APPRIA40WR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice (pinched that link from Digital Spy).

Little video here for a flavour (broadband required).

I always liked the look of their 32" LCD DVB recorder and the extra size may win me over.

2. t5drt

t5drt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got the 32" Lcd and its great, complemented via the Qed P2120 scart cables for sky and the Monster DVI400 cables for my Oppo Dvd. I have recently bought a YSP1000 so I am t hinking of upgrading the TV to the Humax 40" Lcd PVR. This kind of TV eliminates a PVR and its easy to use. Its really geared towards techies. I have recently bought an external 250gb Hd but the only issue I have is that you cannot record directly to the HD. BOOO yopu can only move the copied data later.

If your thinking of backing up programs, you can back up programs from sky. and DVDs providing its your original copy. I have tried to back up my orignal via DVI but its protected - So be aware as I thought this was only an HDMI issue...

well happy shopping but I am sure ill sell my 32" soon and go Bigger.. Martin Dawes here I come....http://www.humaxdigital.com/UK/pdf/LGB-40TPVR_leaflet1.pdf

3. t5drt

t5drt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Finally Bought the 40" LGB-40TPVR - All I can say in via DVI via the Oppo DVD Player is amazing. Crisp and Rich colours. Mind you if you watch a lot of TV then there are slight blocky pixles as this tv is HD and is not the best with analogue pictures/signals. But who cares SKY HD is almost here.. So if you are a biggy on DVDs then this is wonderful piece of kit. In regards to my old 32" Humax LCD the harddisk and fan can not be heard even with your ear hardly press on the plastic. Antother thing I noticed when placing it on the wall to replace the Humax 32" Pvr Lcd was it was only 4kg heavier - not noticable at all. My freind even said it was light - well compare to his Rock Heavy 42" Hitachi Lcd. :smashin:
    Another disappointment:mad: was they increased the size to 40" but left the HD at 40gb - shame as an 80gb would be nice. But hey I have a 250gb external to compliment it.
    Oooh and if you dont have a sound system they had beefed up the speakers and have decent bass management system. Not bad but a shame the speakers were not removable as it massive on the wall and makes my ysp-1000 look like a tooth pick.Apart from that a great lcd a head of it self - remember the true test is hd (dvi-d) not crappy analogue -