40+" good SD LCD

Viktor7

Standard Member
Hi all,

First post so a hello to the regulars...

Im looking for a decent LCD for the main room of the house.
Its a light room with quite a few windows and light walls, living pretty far north during the summer the sun doesnt set, but no direct light on the TV location.
The wall behind the sofa is 5m from wall TV will be located upon.

Content to be viewed is 99% SD TV including streamed content from the Xbox/popcorn. so I think that its a good upscaling engine Im looking for (is that the right name?) They all look good showing HD in the shops but we not on that train yet.
Sound should be 'good enough'.. as in the short-mid term no additional audio equipment will be used (5mx5m room).. maybe in a year I may buy some audio bits, but not yet.

Iv created a shortlist but am open to suggestions...
Samsung LE40A656 local cost 1100€
Samsung LE46A656 local cost 1400€ we looked at both of these in shops and they displayed SD local TV channel very well.
Sony 40X4500 local cost 1600€
Sony 40W4500 local cost 1150€
Sony 46W4500 local cost 1460€
Toshiba 40Z3030DG local cost 915€
Toshiba 47Z3030DG local cost 1550€

What are LG's like?? they are quite cheap over here but Iv no idea what they like with SD content.

Cheers all
Vik'

edit:
it doesnt need to be FullHD, 'HDReady' is OK.. more important is good SD picture image

audiphile76

Content to be viewed is 99% SD TV including streamed content from the Xbox/popcorn.

If you watch almost always SD, get a plasma. HD Readt/Full HD should be possible with your budget. Panasonic 42PX80, 42PZ8, 42PZ80 are some of the options. Windows shouldnt be an issue as long as you have shades/blinds. I too live far north and we have almost sunny nights aswell and i have a plasma aswell

What are LG's like?? they are quite cheap over here but Iv no idea what they like with SD content.

I would avoid LG totally.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom