40 gb ps3 i need help plz!

hamzai02

Standard Member
Reaction score
HI .. im new to this forum and its my 1st thread.. i need someones knowledge on what should i do.. ere i go..

Basically i was playing call duty 4.. after a day.. i didnt play ps3 for like a whole day and suddenly whilse playing search and destroy.. it turned off.. i thought okai.. thats wierd.. however i turned it bak on started up for 5 seconds.. turned bak off.. and red light appeared to be flashing continiously..

i blew into the ps3 thinking must be the dust.. so i did.. but it smelt kinda overheated so i let it cool down for 2 to 3 hours.. now its still not letting me turn it on for more than 2 seconds.. and cod4 is stuck in der.. yes i have 12 month warantee with it.. plz help me.. thnk u:lease:

Sounds bad :eek: I'd phone Sony immediately and get a replacement sent out....oh and make sure that they are aware COD 4 is in the machine and you want it back.

On second thought if the machine turns on for a couple of seconds can you not get the disk ejected in this time i.e. press the eject button when powering up??

No one on here can do anything for you beyond saying either go and get it swapped out at the shop you bought it from or call Sony who will swap it out for you.

+1

Sounds like yellow light of death, not heard of it on 40gigs only 60gigs:thumbsdow

.. its 40 gig.. its really wierd tried it again its not workin ... im confused cod4 my best game.. umm i cnt take it out at all.. turns on for less than 2 seconds.. help:lease:

.. its 40 gig.. its really wierd tried it again its not workin ... im confused cod4 my best game.. umm i cnt take it out at all.. turns on for less than 2 seconds.. help:lease:

All you can do is ring Sony and when you do tell them that the disc is still in there, will take about 6 weeks to get the game back but you should get a replacement console in a couple of days.

yip sounds knacked mate
it's abit like eggbox's red light of death
you need to
take it back to the shop (if it's still with in the 12 months)

andrew

It can take 6 to 8 weeks for Sony to return games :thumbsdow Think you best ring them, how well ventilated do you keep your ps3?

Do you not have Google ?

Last edited:
If you've still got the box with the manuals it has the number in there.
You would be far better taking it to the shop though, it would be swapped out there and then for a new one and probably an 80Gb version too.

I GOT A NEW ONE.. STR8 AWAI FROM THE SHOP AWESOME AND A NEW GAME COD4 THIS IS GR8 WOW I LOVE WWW.CEX.CO.UK!

That's good news mate. Any chance they can do you a new keyboard as well as yours seem duff, it keeps replacing 'aight' and 'eat' with the number 8 and the caps lock key seem to be stuck on.

That's good news mate. Any chance they can do you a new keyboard as well as yours seem duff, it keeps replacing 'aight' and 'eat' with the number 8 and the caps lock key seem to be stuck on.

:D tru :rotfl:

hahah u joka.. bruv yeh.. i can spell properly dont watch that.. jus hapz u get me fam safe.:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom