40-50" OLED for Freeview recording and Nintendo Switch?

TommyTomTom

Standard Member
Hi, I'm looking at getting an OLED TV and was thinking a 40-50" would be nice, I was looking at maybe either the SONY BRAVIA KE48A9BU, PANASONIC TX-48JZ1000B or LG OLED48A16LA? It would be for watching Freeview, DVD's and playing Nintendo Switch, but it would need to be able to record one channel while watching a different one if that makes sense? I think it is called Twin PVR. Would need decent Freeview menus/catchup/apps etc and decent upscaling?

Does anyone have any recommendations please? Thank you :)

Dodgexander

I don't think the LG will have a twin tuner. The Panasonic and Sony should but I'd double check with the manufacturers first just in case since sometimes smaller models in the same product line do not come with the same features as larger.

Your usage itself isn't really well suited to a modern TV since you'll be using the TV a lot for HD or even worse quality content, you may be fine with such a small TV, but I'd consider upgrading at all unless you have some 4k and HDR content in mind. There comes a point of asking; why upgrade at all if you're not going to use the TV for much native content?

Otherwise, both Panasonic and Sony models are equally suited for you. Sony have good motion, Panasonic good color accuracy. Panasonic a bit more future proof due to HDMI 2.1.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom