40-46" slim bezel TV with swivel stand?

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by rbrian, Aug 6, 2013.

1. rbrian

rbrian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi, I'm looking for a new TV to replace my 5 year old 32". Back then 32" looked big, now it looks tiny, with a massive bezel all the way round! I have limited space; a 46" Samsung F8000 will just about fit, but nothing with a bezel thicker than that, which is pretty much everything else, so I may go smaller, but I don't want to. Video games especially are designed for massive TVs, with almost unreadable text on my 32".

I'll be using it for watching Freeview, with more and more HD, plus DVD and BluRay rips, and XBox gaming. I'll probably get an XBox One in a few months. In order to use Kinect and jump about like a loon in my tiny room, I'll need to stand next to the door in the gap between the sofa and the cooker. When I'm watching telly I'll be on the sofa, so I'd like a stand that swivels 45 degrees or so, like my old Panasonic.

I can afford up to about £1500, if it's worth it, but less is of course better.

2. Vril

Vril

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Samsung UE46F6740 would fit your description
    Samsung UE46F7000 has a better image quality but it doesn't swivel

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  3. rbrian

rbrian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Thanks, I'll look at that.

4. rbrian

rbrian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I compared it with the identical except for the colour Currys exclusive F6670, but decided I liked the darker bezel of the F6740. I shopped around, and found it £200 cheaper than John Lewis from Beyond Television.

5. vickster

vickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    One yr warranty though compared to JL. If they have shops you can seek a price match

6. rbrian

rbrian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    They have a warehouse 400 miles away - I don't think John Lewis will match that price! In any case I'm suspicious of warranties. John Lewis's "free" warranty costs £200! If something goes wrong after a year and a half, then perhaps I'll reconsider, but in my experience stuff breaks either very quickly or very slowly - and if it breaks down after 4 years, John Lewis's warranty still won't pay out any more than I saved, and the technology should have moved on sufficiently that I can buy a much better TV for half the price. For £200, I can get £50,000 of home contents cover, which is a much better deal than £1000 of TV cover. Even then I'm not convinced it's worth it.