Question 40" / 43" TV to replace Panasonic TX L37V10B?

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by amg44, Jun 23, 2015.

1. amg44

amg44
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    40" / 43" 4k TV to replace Panny TX L37V10B?

I still love the picture on my Panasonic 37" IPS Panel, which I've had for 6 years.

Would like a slightly larger screen. 40 - 43". HD or UHD?

Do I go for Panny 40CX680, Samsung 40 JU6410 or Sony 43 X8305C or 805C?

Is the Picture Quality better on these new TV's? Hard to tell in Currys without tweeking each set!!!!!!!

Or keep my current TV for another year or so while all the software is sorted?
    Don't need 3D or Netflix etc.

2. Devjon

Devjon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi amg44,
    I have a 32" Panny, which is over 8 years old. Stunning picture quality. I was / am in the same boat as you, telly is ok but occasionally switches itself off when you switch it on. I used this as a reason to order a Panny CX680 from JL.
    We have quite a small living room, I measured the existing 32" Panny and the new 40" one will be slightly shorter in height and about 4" wider than the existing one so won't overwhelm the room.
    JL are offering a £50 rebate if you scrap the existing telly so I won't have the hassle of disposing of the old one.
    Tour de France starts tomorrow, new telly delivered next thursday. I did a fair bit of research and am happy with my choice, will post more feedback once the new telly is up and running.

3. Devjon

Devjon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    OK So panny arrived first thing this morning. 30 minutes max to set it up and find my way around the menu / network / mobile phone app interfaces.
    I was really pleased with the original Panny but I have to say the picture quality on the new model is outstanding.
    Sourced some 4K demo footage from Amazon Prime and Youtube , There is time lapse Dubai footage and nature footage shot around Machu Pichu - incredible.
    Another plus is the sound quality, I am pleasantly surprised by the clarity and crispness, especially of speech.
    One downside is that the screen is a tad glossy, so any reflections are more noticeable.
    Bonus was getting a price match from JL which dropped an extra £50 of the price, what with paying me £50 to take the old set away I saved £100.
    So, that's me sorted for the forseeable - very pleased indeed.