• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

40-42" TV £400 Budget

cunnas

Distinguished Member
Hi all
I am looking at buying a new TV for the living room to replace my 32" Tosh.

I have a MAX budget of £400.

I will be using it for SKY HD mainly for sport and drama, a fair amount of Xbox gaming and the occasional BR or DVD - so ideally I need at least 3 HDMI connections.

I am not fussed whether it is LCD, LED or Plasma - I just want the best TV for the money.

I have seen the LG 42LE4500 in Currys for £399 plus 3% Quidco which to me seems like a good deal for a 42" LED but would be happy to pay the same amount for a 40" non-LED if it is a better TV.

I am open to recommendations and advise. I have done a fair bit of reading on the forums so have some ideas but thought I'd open up a discussion of my own. Hope this is ok!

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
For plasma the Panasonic U30s worth a look, not great for a bright environment but otherwise great for the money.

Also a great set from last year, smashing price for a 50"http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/50pk350/lg-50pk350
again not the best in a bright room due to reflective glass screen.

LCD wise:Samsung LE40C550 | 40 inch LCD TV 1080p HD Ready Freeview | Richer Sounds

Sony BRAVIA KDL40EX503 | Trade in price - 40 inch LCD TV 1080p HD Ready Freeview HD | Richer Sounds

Why the Richer sounds links? great prices good warranty and fantastic customer service, way better than the likes of Currys IMO.

I'd have the above plasmas over the LCDs myself unless you have a bright environment.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom