40-42" LCD - which LCD to choose?

T

the_mr_t

Hi guys,

I've been putting this off for quite some time, in hope that I could buy the latest model available, but that time has now come.

I move house on friday, and have sold my old Toshiba 42WLT66 to my dad, so I'm in the market for a new LCD.

So before I ask, "what tv is the best...." let me give you a few details on what I am looking for.

I have a PS3, Xbox 360 Elite, Wii (with component cable) and a Sky+ Box (non HD), so that means I need an LCD with at least:

2 HDMI sockets
1 Component
1 scart

I also have a Xbox HD-DVD player, and I would like to run all my games and HD content at 1080p. I'm also not looking to go bigger, as the apartment I am moving into is smaller than my parents house, so 40"-42" is perfect.

There are a few extras I have been looking into like 24p, 100Hz and so on, but it seems these models are still on the horizon and so are unavailable to me. I also do not care about in-built sound quality of the LCD as I have my own amp/5.1 setup for sound.

My price range is really £1000, but I can push to £1200 if I really needed to. I have been in to a million shops over the last couple of days but I can't seem to decide which one I prefer, so I have come here to ask advice.

The front runner at the moment is a Sony 40W2000 but am I buying old technology?? I just can't decide.

Help please!!

ChrisGgr

Can you delay the move on?The new Toshiba 42Z3030 is being released in a month!!(it has 100Hz,1080p,3 HDMI,24p....).If not the 40W2000 is an excellent choice.Also have a look at Samsung LE-40M87

T

the_mr_t

hehe no I can't really delay the move, but what are the exacts dates for the releases of the new models??

I have searched for ages on the inet, and I can't seem to find when any of the models are released, or available in the shops to buy.

ChrisGgr

No exact date:End of september-early october

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom