• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

40 - 40" lcd 1080p £400 - £500

Adamsnake

Standard Member
Hello everyone, excuse me if i have done anything wrong but this is my first post here and would just like to say thanks to helping.

Im looking to buy a new HDTV next sataurday, I have a budget of around £400 - £500

I am looking to hook up a Playstation 3 and a Humax Foxsat-HDR.

I want the tv to be black (I guess most are these days).

I would like to have a few HDMI ports and a VGA connection for my PC, and any other features are a bonus as i will be using my PS3 for media and computer for internet etc.

I am going to be honest i am not very clued up with tellys lol, i want it true hd (1980 x 1080) not "HD READY

I want somthing that wil last a good few years, and i would like it to be a shop rather than a online store but i dont mind.

Anyone know any deals?, what this trade in old tv price deal they are doing?.

Thanks for your time.

vickster

Distinguished Member
Where do you live as there are good independent dealers around the place?

Is the budget flexible? It is too low for a new model, especially if you want 100hz (more like £650)

This last year's, decent and from a shop (well you may have to buy online but Sainsburys have shops of course)

Samsung LE40B530 40" Full HD Digital LCD Black - LCD - Televisions - Technology - Sainsbury's

This is the update but only <£500 online

Samsung LE40C530 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 50Hz: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

This is new but over budget

Sony KDL40EX401U 40&#034; Full HD 1080p LCD TV - LCD - Televisions - Technology - Sainsbury's

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member

Adamsnake

Standard Member
Thanks for the replys guys, im currenly living in south wales, so i can visit places such as cardiff.

Dealers, richersounds, currys, argos, tesco etc.

Budget, is felxable so i can so slightly higher if its worth it.

Adamsnake

Standard Member
Hi again guys, just a quick question.

50Mhz V 100Mhz, if i were to be playing games on either spec tvs (one 50 and one 100 mhz) would there be blur?. Im presuming 100Mhz is better due to more frames being shown?. Would 50 be a problem and would it be worth getting one with 100Mhz.

Or am i total wrong and speeking rubbish lol.

Thanks

Adam

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
well there are cases that 100hz are indeed useful,but its really up to individual eyes whether its justified.I d suggest you to have a look at the tv's before purchasing,its gonna help

Adamsnake

Standard Member
hi all,

got a telly, got a 42" toshiba 42xv635d, any reviews good or bad?, cost me
£400.

I feel i have one problem, i seem motion blur when playing games via ps3, is it the set or just my eyes, I am trying to try on a different LCD to make sure.

If is it i can return and replace with a different one. thanks

Adam

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom