4 way power pass splitter

delboy

Standard Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a SAC Electronics 4 way splitter with dc pass to all outputs.

I tried to connect this tonight and I get a good quality picture and sound but no use of my sky tv link.

I am currently running a coax cable from RF2 to tv in bedroom which works fine, I purchased an additional tv for another bedroom and thought it would be simple enough to connect the cable from the RF2 to the IN of the splitter and all upstairs tv's to the OUT. However I then lose the facility to change channel. I have checked and there is power running through the RF2 cable.

This is a link to the splitter i purchased -- 4 Way Indoor Splitter (5-2400MHz) | Indoor Splitters | Amplification / Distribution

Can anyone advise if I am doing anything wrong or do I require to purchase a different splitter.

Thanks

I recently purchased a SAC Electronics 4 way splitter with dc pass to all outputs.

I tried to connect this tonight and I get a good quality picture and sound but no use of my sky tv link.

I am currently running a coax cable from RF2 to tv in bedroom which works fine, I purchased an additional tv for another bedroom and thought it would be simple enough to connect the cable from the RF2 to the IN of the splitter and all upstairs tv's to the OUT. However I then lose the facility to change channel. I have checked and there is power running through the RF2 cable.

This is a link to the splitter i purchased -- 4 Way Indoor Splitter (5-2400MHz) | Indoor Splitters | Amplification / Distribution

Can anyone advise if I am doing anything wrong or do I require to purchase a different splitter.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
The main cable from the RF2 is Triax RG6 Coax. From quick google search seems to be 75ohms.

As I said it works fine with picture, sound and sky link until you add the splitter.

Cheers

Is it a powered amplfier? Can't see the link at the minute

If not you may find the signal is struggling so need more amlifaction

noterms said:
Is it a powered amplfier? Can't see the link at the minute

If not you may find the signal is struggling so need more amlifaction

Sorry just read your post fully lol my bad

Usually you use an rf amplifier with power pass & magic eye return- some can just run off the 9v dc too, not sure if there is a non powered splitter with that, but that SAC power pass splitter won't.

Don't have any kind of amplifier installed just coax from RF2 direct to splitter.

a) Are LED's lit on the Eyes?

b) I presume you have made up extra cables for the splitter to TV's. Have you checked the connectors on those cables for shorts/open circuits?

Led on eye only light when direct coax from RF2, as soon as this is put through splitter no lit led to eye.

I have seen this product --- 4-way distribution CA141 And ----Global DA (7dB gain) - T120, T140 and T180

Skylink amplified splitters, Loft Boxes

Any advice on whether these will solve problem

Thanks

Check the connectors on splitter to TV cable.

Don't have any kind of amplifier installed just coax from RF2 direct to splitter.
The splitter needs power - you can't expect the Sky machine to power more than one "eye".

I've merged your double posts into one - please edit that.

Last edited:
Meeee, and possibly Pedro in his post?

Who says?

They all have but not explained why dreadfully well.
The 4-way splitter passes dc from any of the 4 outlets to the single input by design. It blocks dc the other way. Hence the eye doesn't light and cannot work.
Sky boxes won't usually run more than one eye although some people can run two - so it is best to use a low gain distribution amp designed to pass the magic eye signals. Satcure's site explains it and sells suitable units.

The 4-way splitter passes dc from any of the 4 outlets to the single input by design.

Crapola! As the spec says:- "DC Pass to all outputs".

(Why would anyone want DC in the reverse direction?)

(10 to 1 the OP does not know how to make an F connector.)

Last edited:
Crapola! As the spec says:- "DC Pass to all outputs".

(Why would anyone want DC in the reverse direction?)

To power a masthead amplifier or control a satellite lnb. That is what they are designed to do.
As I said the Sky box won't supply two magic eyes and a powered unit is the normal way to do it, as that will also power the eye or eyes.

Last edited:
Thanks Logiciel much appreciated.

Do you mean power supply from RF2 will be sufficient or do I require a separate power supply to run it.

Any recommendations on whether to get the Labgear CA141-F or Global DA (7db gain) T140 Amplifier.

The Labgear says it is a budget version of the Global but not sure what the difference would be. Would the global give a better signal, etc...

Thanks

Most Digiboxes will power up to 3 "eyes". Some will manage 4. So you might have to add a power supply. Try the amplified splitter and see.

"Budget" means basically "cheaper". (I answered these questions from you by email, yesterday.)

That's OK and I should have specified a separate power supply.
I was basing that on
"Not all Sky Digiboxes can supply power to more than two "magic eyes". You may need to buy a separate power supply in addition".
There doesn't seem to be much difference between the two makes so the results shouldn't differ much.
Please put right that double post of yours, that had to be merged.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom