• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

4+ LNB's/run out of feeds from dish?

mattveg

Hi all, newbie here, please excuse any stupid questions or poor terms!

I've a standard sky dish with a quad LNB, 2 outputs to sky+, 1 to the old sky box. I'd like to add another second hand (ebay probably) sky+ box to the kids bedroom, just as a basic subscription free 'sky freesat' box with pvr. problem is I've only 1 output left on the dish?

I imagine I've a few options...

1. another dish
2. single feed to the second sky+ box (meaning you can't use the twin tuner benefits)

any other ideas?

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
The proper method is to use a quattro (not quad) LNB and a multiswitch but this will cost quite a bit.

fernandez

Distinguished Member
Yes, an OCTO LNB is the easiest and cheapest way of doing this.

Similar questions to this in the Sky forums

bob1

I'd like to add another second hand (ebay probably) sky+ box to the kids bedroom, just as a basic subscription free 'sky freesat' box with pvr.

I thought you had to have at least the basic subscription to use the sky+ function on a sky box.

fernandez

Distinguished Member
I thought you had to have at least the basic subscription to use the sky+ function on a sky box.

Well spotted:smashin:
We were all too concerned about the LNB

If the OP uses a Sky+ box in another room with no Multiroom card at £10/month the + features will not be available, so what he's hoping for can't be done:(

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom