1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 in 1 - TV, FM, DAB, D-Sat

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by ianh64, Sep 9, 2004.

1. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    I currently have a single downlead MUXing D-TV and FM. I am looking to replace the downlead and connectors as the old ones are probably 30 years old.

Is it possible to MUX D-TV, FM, DAB and D-Sat in a single downlead or am I asking too much? The latter are for possible future use.

What down lead is recommended, I hear about CT100, CT125, CT16? and the like. What are the differences? Some appear to be dimensionally larger - will this be a problem finding the relevant connectors.

What connectors will I need. Are screened 4-1 MUX boxes, flush and surface mount available.

I guess it would be best to get a professional to install. Can anyone recommend one in the N Surrey/SW London area? Preferably one that can also install a satellite dish, optimise my aeriel and will do a proper job with the cable runs.

Thanks

Ian

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it is definately possible as we have one wired at my work place, but the only ones we can sell are Very expensive. I know that the ones we use are much cheaper but no idea where you can get them or models etc...

3. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    How much is "very expensive" ?

-Ian

4. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just checked and there doesn't seem to be an expensive one it is actually pretty cheap.
    Channel Plus 2514 costs about £15
    You would need to find a supplier and to check for 100% that this does what you want, but I think it is!

5. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Thanks. Not quite what I was after, but the part code allowed me a good starting point for web search.

Think im going to get an expert in to quote for a loft distribution amplifier, down link and room based Sat/TV/FM-DAB socket and the possibility of getting a small satellite dish installed for non $ky subscription channels.

-Ian

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    check out local CAI installer www.cai.org i think. You can use these distributed around a the house but you really need a central point in the loft etc then you can use one cable to each room.

7. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Thanks, im now a fully signed up member of the Christian Assemblies International organisiation :eek: The link is www.cai.org.uk but thanks for the pointer, there an installer near where I live.

-Ian