1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 foot sky remote ?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by joseph, May 9, 2003.

1. joseph

joseph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After installing a amplifier, which is fed from my rf2 output from my sky digi box, (this feeds 4 seperate tv,s from the outputs of the amp ), my remote control on one of the tvs will not change channel etc unless you are within 4 foot of it , it worked fine before (i,ve changed batteries, changed remote etc)
    The light on the magic eye is lit and when you point the remote at the magic eye the eye flash,s but won,t work unless you are 4 foot away,tried the remote on a seperate eye in another room and it works fine .
    How many eyes can you have running from a sky box, the amp i have is a 6 way one with magic eye by pass many thanks j

2. manny

manny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    aw heck, when i saw the title of the thread i thought you could get a 4 foot long sky remote! that would be...interesting...

3. joseph

joseph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought i would make it sound more exciting than the actual problem i was having.

4. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You haven't made it clear but I assume that you have a SkyLink compatible 6-way Amp with a SkyLink remote extender ("eye") in each room.

You don't appear to have swapped the SkyLink with one from another room. Try that.

The other thing to try is disconnecting the SkyLink from the TV set. Obviously you won't then see the picture but you can try the remote at ten feet range then reconnect the cable to see if it's changed channel. If this allows it to work, there's a bodge you can do.

Finally, you must use double-shielded coaxial cable for ALL connections, including the lead from the SkyLink to the TV aerial socket. (Don't plug it directly into the aerial socket - you'll damage it).

If your SkyLinks are the Global "TVlink" sort, I've heard they are inherently unreliable. I use a "DIGiLink" from satcure.

Fman

5. joseph

joseph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i read your post on my 4 foot remote ,i cured that problem ,i cleaned the lens on the magic eye (wife had been polishing with spray and it was coated!
    I have another problem ! my portable in my sons bedroom won,t change channel with the magic eye fitted ? If you disconnect from tv it works but when you reconnect it won,t change channel many thanks j

6. simon123

simon123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    read my reply on the original posy hope it helps

7. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: