4 channel OYN-X NVR, CCTV POE unit

williamalex1

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I've been told by QVIS that my 4 year old unit isn't worth repairing. Domestic use only.
So I'm looking for a reasonably priced replacement 4 channel POE unit , that will last longer and be easy to install and use.
TIA

I have 4 OYN-X EYE 4mp POE cameras, they all work perfectly, it's the unit that won't record, replay or keep time. It has 4 POE ports. Disappointed to discover that the expected lifespan of the HDD is only around 5 years.
I need remote access through our mobile phones.
cheers

Do you have the model number of the cameras as need to check what streams the support and if they are Onvif ? Its not always as simple as just getting a new NVR

Sorry another question , what size Hard Disk ?

I do have to mention that the maximum average life span for any HDD is around 5 years, so you may want to factor that into your thinking as well

It's an Oyn-x Mach 2 NVR, looks like the internal HDD is up to 4TB.
NPs re its life span as long as I know beforehand.👍 I'm almost 74 so 5 years should about cover it lol

Thanks, the spec is that it supports up to 4TB but it could be any size below that.

How long recording do you want from the 4 cameras

Would this- Encam cctv NVR network recorder, 5mp 9 channel with 4 x PoE ethernet IP cameras, be a suitable replacement ? at £54.99

Never heard of them , you may want to check out the app first

Also bear in mind it doesn’t include a HDD so you will need to add that yourself

Ah ! , I didn't spot that, what size of HDD would i really need ?
So back to you experts for a cheapish compatible replacement

Any chance this hard drive could replace the HDD in my old QVIS unit, and maybe save a new installation ?

Screen shows 4 cameras are constantly recording but says nothing to play back. I replaced the system battery because the clock wouldn't keep time, it still only works for an hour then reverts back an hour. QVIS tech dept said it wasn't worth repairing.
I'll speak to my mate first he's a TV engineer. If the HDD isn't compatible with my old unit, it could maybe be used in a new unit. Or maybe buy a new unit with a hard drive already fitted. I'll keep you up to date.
thanks for all the advice

The drive will be compatible but if you have an error with the clock that won’t be down to the hard drive. Though the clock issue sounds more like how it syncs with time servers to keep the time .

I’ll have a look if you like for a small fee £30 and if necessary fit a new hdd . You’d need to send me the NVR

My mate has a spare 1TB HDD he's going to install it later, but he's only a TV engineer deals with mainly hardware so not sure how to sync with the time servers.
I assume it'll be in the network settings ?

I dont know the menu for that particular NVR but it will be under something like date and timr and/or NTP

heres the page on my Aspect NVR

1598610563984.png

Update, new HDD installed now working, recording and playing back but only for 1 hour.
I reset the clock but after an hour it reverts back 1 hour back to whatever time i'd initially set.
I searched the menus but can't find where to sync it to the time server . Is there anyone near Glasgow that could help ?

Qvis Mach 2-NVR
model nvr 4case, amb-md3-28

Attachments

• 20200824_193643cctv details 1.jpg
    20200824_193643cctv details 1.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 40

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom