4 - 5 hours to kill in Corby , What to do ?

John

Reaction score
As per title . SWMBO and my good self will have 4ish hours to kill tomorrow afternoon.
Anyone live locally that could give me some pointers ? Can't venture too far away incase Jnr has an accident at Adrenalin Alley

could try rockingham castle!

Just seen that, trying to get my head round this

June to 30th September
Tuesdays, Sundays & Bank Holiday Mondays - the Castle & grounds are closed on Tuesday 5th June 2012
Open 12 noon - 5pm. Grounds open at 12 noon. Castle opens at 1pm

Don't think its open on a Monday

As said before me, Rockingham Castle is on the outskirts of Corby, that would kill a few hours and is worth doing... Not sure what else there is worth doing there though, pretty dull place...

Not sure what else there is worth doing there though, pretty dull place...

I'm getting that impression, there's not even a last minute thingy at the Race way :rolleyes:

I mean if you like walking there's the woods near the boating lake, but I don't know if you could manage 4/5 hours with that :p

If it were me, I'd make the 8.7 mile trip to Divine Audio, +44 (0)1536 762211
Unit 8, Pipewell Rd Industrial Estate, Desborough, NN14 2SW
9:00-5:30 Mon-Fri.

John said:
As per title . SWMBO and my good self will have 4ish hours to kill tomorrow afternoon.
Anyone live locally that could give me some pointers ? Can't venture too far away incase Jnr has an accident at Adrenalin Alley

I'd stay indoors. Corby folk are strange. Just don't go around shouting that Rangers or Celtic are crap else you might get knifed!

Other than that there isn't really much to do. You could spend a little while in Asda then maybe Matalan. :)

Get the hell out.

I'd take a tour of the trouser press factory.

There must be a cinema nearby? Take it all in, trailers and all

For anyone wondering some of the deleted posts are quite amusing :devil:

There must be a cinema nearby? Take it all in, trailers and all

For anyone wondering some of the deleted posts are quite amusing :devil:

I was wondering what happened there.
Probably a bit out of order, but well funny, all the same :D

Take a trip into Stamford or Oundle. You could go down to Wicksteed Park and have a go on the swings, or take a trip out to Lyveden New Bield (National Trust property), which is where we held our wedding reception and is beautiful.

However, if you need to be in Corby, only one place to go - the Argos Clearance Bargains warehouse on the main road in (from the South). Can't miss it, it's got a big yellow and black 'Clearance Bargains' sign on the side (although doesn't say 'Argos').

Hope you get out with your life.... :D

you could pop to Wicksteed Park in Kettering if you fancy a ride on a death trap... :devil:

The cinema in Corby (if it's still open) is upstairs in the monstrosity that is/was the concrete shopping centre. The shopping centre has been improved a lot of late and does look a lot better. But the car park is still dark and well dodgy. I remember a few years back having just bought the last Xbox 360 from Argos and walking through that car park wondering if I was going to get it to the car safely! I feel safer on a New York subway at night than I ever would at night in Corby!

The Argos clearance place is worth a visit, but if you have a car I'd travel a bit further to Lyveden New Build as Shady suggested if you want somewhere scenic, or perhpas Stamford which is very picturesque.

Northamptonshire is sadly blighted by three of the biggest **** holes on the planet. I won't mention them to save offending people that live there!

Actually.... its clear to me that everyone in this thread (including me) has completely mis-read the title.....

Is one of AVF's very own mod's actually a serial killer? :devil:

The cinema in Corby (if it's still open) is upstairs in the monstrosity that is/was the concrete shopping centre. The shopping centre has been improved a lot of late and does look a lot better. But the car park is still dark and well dodgy. I remember a few years back having just bought the last Xbox 360 from Argos and walking through that car park wondering if I was going to get it to the car safely! I feel safer on a New York subway at night than I ever would at night in Corby!

The Argos clearance place is worth a visit, but if you have a car I'd travel a bit further to Lyveden New Build as Shady suggested if you want somewhere scenic, or perhpas Stamford which is very picturesque.

Northamptonshire is sadly blighted by three of the biggest **** holes on the planet. I won't mention them to save offending people that live there!

Its a lot better than in previous times, the town centre shopping had a £35m revamp a few years back and is very nice now, much nicer than Kettering.

The old cinema, I remember it well, horrid place, watched Batman their in 89, people were allowed to smoke in cinema's in them days, I remember watching the dull image on screen through a thick veil of smoke! Glad its closed down, although it's been closed now for about 20 years I think, they are building a new 6 screen Odeon in the town centre which should be good.

The old cinema, I remember it well, horrid place, watched Batman their in 89, people were allowed to smoke in cinema's in them days, I remember watching the dull image on screen through a thick veil of smoke! Glad its closed down, although it's been closed now for about 20 years I think, they are building a new 6 screen Odeon in the town centre which should be good.

I remember back when I was a kid going to watch Who Framed Roger Rabbit? there. It was one of those cinemas where the doors were closed until close to the showing time and we (along with about 50 other people) waited and waited and waited. After about 30mins past the time the film was due to start we all left. No idea what happened but they just decided not to open the doors for anyone.

I remember going to see Roger Rabbit in the fleapit that Kettering had at the time, think it was called the Ohio, situated on some dodgy back streets and such a drab place, horrible 2 screen jobbie like Corby's was.

It wasn't long after these films that I was old enough to venture further to the multiplex's that were becoming common, the Point at Milton Keynes was a fav for a while.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom