1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4:3 televisions

Discussion in 'TVs' started by poloss, Nov 17, 2003.

1. poloss

poloss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im only interested in a good 4:3 preferably close to 28 inches. Im not bothered by the sound quality as i have my own sound system to put on it when i get it. Could anyone recommend me the best 4:3 tv's out there for image quality as the market seems soaked up by widescreen these days and i cant seem to find any reviews for the older 4:3 types. This ismainly want this for my xbox and to play dvds (im not so impressed with widescreen as to pay the extra cash for it and i dont like it on games)

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    4:3 probably means a trip to ASDA for a Pacific / Schneider complete with three year warranty.
    Have a look at Bush, made by the same Turkish OEM as Toshiba and Hitachi badged 4:3.
    You may still find some Sony, Panasonic or Loewe hidden in the corner of a dealer waiting to die too, but they are drying up real fast. :cool:

3. Pod Person

Pod Person

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using a 2 yr old Toshiba (Thomson tube) which has a terrific picture. Easily one of the best 28 inch 4:3 sets I personally have ever had. Cost about £300 at the time.

I don't know if Toshiba are still making them today though but It might be worth looking out for one.