4.3 Aspect Ratio Not Auto Switching LG OLED65E6V.AEK/UBK80 4K Ultra HD HDR Blu-ray Player

captainfearless

Whenever i watch a DVD with 4.3 content, it's always stretched to 16.9 width, and i have to manually select 4.3 screen size. Freesat is fine, so it's got to be the TV and player not communicating. The TV is set to original aspect ratio in picture settings, and the player to 16.9 orignal, its two 4.3 settings are greyed out, which i'm guessing is a clue. Devices are connected by HDMI. Can anyone point me in the right direction? In the past i've always had auto AR switching between TV and player.

Jase

Distinguished Member
What's the UHD Player set to for it's output? If it's 4K that might be the reason as some TV's won't let you change the aspect ratio with a 4K signal.

The drawback to changing it (if it is set to 4K) is that it then may not output 4K for UHD discs.

If the player has a Source Direct option that might be the solution. Not sure if they all have that though.

captainfearless

That did the trick! Changed the output to 576 and working nicely, thanks Jase.
What's the UHD Player set to for it's output? If it's 4K that might be the reason as some TV's won't let you change the aspect ratio with a 4K signal.

The drawback to changing it (if it is set to 4K) is that it then may not output 4K for UHD discs.

If the player has a Source Direct option that might be the solution. Not sure if they all have that though.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom