3view 3VHD or Panny EX773

stripee

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm never sure whether to post in PVR's or DVD Recorders, please move if necessary.

Was all set to recommend my parents buying the 3View PVR to accompany their Panny P42G20 and PT480 from John Lewis. Then JL have offered my Mum a "deal" on the Panny package with the Panny EX773 saving her £100 on the package, plus the EX773 is £70 cheaper than the 3VHD.

Considering that my parents want to be able to:

• record live programs,
  • record programs in advance (programmable),
  • pause live tv (they're very set on that as their friends have Sky+)
  • have access to iplayer
  • and that they are both nearly 70, and not that great with technology

please could someone chuck in their tuppence worth as to which unit they think is:

• more reliable
  • easier to use
  • will do all the functions requested
  • and over all the best unit
  • especially considering which might best combined with the tv and home cinema system.
  • I don't think they will ever actually record on to a dvd and keep it (may be wrong) so this function isn't really that much of a selling point for them, plus couldn't you copy from HDD to USB stick if you wanted to anyway?

I'm happy to advise them to spend another £70 on the recorder if it means I'm likely to get less "troubleshooting" calls to help them fix something. :)

thanks

please could someone chuck in their tuppence worth as to which unit they think is:

• more reliable
  • easier to use
  • will do all the functions requested
  • and over all the best unit
  • especially considering which might best combined with the tv and home cinema system.
  • I don't think they will ever actually record on to a dvd and keep it (may be wrong) so this function isn't really that much of a selling point for them, plus couldn't you copy from HDD to USB stick if you wanted to anyway?

I own an EX-99 and also had a 3View box for a month or so. Personally I'd recommend neither for ease of use and would suggest the Humax HDR-Fox T2. Its very slick and easy to use with a good GUI. Everything is there on your list bar iPlayer and this should be with us sometime in December via their TV-Portal.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom